A flawless makeup application is right at your fingertips! You do not need to be a makeup artist to get a GREAT application. Check out these tips below and you’ll be on your way! 💋
1. Start with a clean slate – – – Ensure your face is clean and moisturized (preferably with a moisturizer with SPF) before any makeup application. Then apply primer to ensure your makeup application lasts all day.
Check out Heidi Hamound for tips on skin prep!
2. Hide those dark circles and blemishes – – – Use a concealer to cover dark marks for your makeup application. Try a creamy formula in a shade that matches your skin. There are tons of brands to test on your skin. Here are some of my recommendations for most skin tones: L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer, Light Ivory, 0.28 Ounce, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer NW20 and bareMinerals Correcting Concealer SPF 20, Light 1, 0.07 Ounce
Check out DestinylashaeMakeup using LA Pro Concealer:
3. Apply that Foundation! – – – Foundation evens out your skin tone and gives you a beautiful glow. To apply foundation, dab a small amount on your cheeks, forehead, chin, and the bridge of your nose. Make sure you use the right color of foundation. The right shade should be invisible on your chin and neck in full daylight. If your neck and face are different shades, match your foundation to your neck. Otherwise, you will look like you’re wearing a mask. Here are some recommendations for most skin tones: Revlon ColorStay Liquid Makeup for Combination/Oily, Natural Beige, Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation, 2.3, 1 Fluid Ounce or bareMinerals Pure Serum Foundation, Bare Satin, 1 Ounce
Check out Roxette Arisa!
4. Setting powder! – – – Translucent setting powder is a clear powder that locks in foundation and soaks up any excess oil that your skin produces. For your makeup application, apply a thin layer of setting powder all over your face with a large fluffy makeup brush. Make sure to blend in the areas around your eyes and mouth to avoid any cakey buildup. Choose a loose powder instead of pressed powder for a lighter coverage. Check out L.A. GIRL HD PRO Setting Powder – Translucent
Check out Carli Bybel!
5. Lashes! – – – A must have for any flawless makeup application. With tons of options like strip lashes, individuals and trio lashes, long, medium, short, feathered, straight… your options are endless! Grab a short set for an every day look or fuller and longer lashes for an evening out!
Check out Teni Panosian!
Have any tips for a flawless makeup application? Leave your tips below! 👇👇👇
Looking to talk about all things beauty and have other worldly conversations? Find our forum here!